I am a big fan of mold resistant paint and think it has a lot of potential. I believe that it is one of those products that may take on more importance as the growing season progresses and we are looking at more mold issues.

I think that the mold is a very real issue, and while I am certainly for anything that is mold-proof, I think that mold resistant paint is one of the better ways to combat it in my opinion. Mold is basically a wet, moldy smell. Once the mold is inside of the paint, the mold and bacteria can go on for a long time.

And while mold resistant paint can certainly help keep mold issues at bay, you still need to be careful that you are not allowing mold to build up inside of the paint as well. You can definitely use a mold-resistant paint on a bathroom, kitchen, or another room that you have a high mold risk in. But if you are doing the same project in a house, I would recommend choosing a non-mold-resistant paint.

And if you do choose a non-mold-resistant paint, I would suggest against using a primer. Primers are especially prone to mold issues. I think a primer will actually cause you to get a lot of paint on the surface of your finished project, which will increase the mold risk.

Again, I have used a primer and am completely fine with that process, but I would suggest against a primer.

primer is the most common method of painting a new construction home, and that makes me wonder if it’s worth it. Primers can literally last for years. If the paint on your finish can last that long, what’s the point of painting it in the first place? Plus, a primer is essentially a sealant, and if you’re putting a sealant on, you’re not just sealing. You’re also sealing a space that’s not completely covered with paint.

I know this may sound like an opinion piece, but if you’re building a new home, you want as much paint coverage as you can get. Because without that paint coverage, you can expect problems.

It’s true. When your home is built, the finished product is designed to withstand water, mold, and other elements. But if those elements get inside the finished product and cause paint to bleed, then that paint is no longer as water tight as it should be. The best advice I can give you is to never paint your home until it is up to code. If you have a code problem, it could cost you hundreds (or thousands) of dollars to get it fixed.

I’m not going to try to tell you how to paint, but there are a few things you should be doing to make sure your home is water tight. In general, the first thing you should do is remove any moisture from your home. If any moisture gets in there, mold will grow inside of the structure and ruin the paint job. Moisture also makes the paint more prone to warping.

I know this because I use a lot of moisture-blocking substances. I also use a lot of paint sealer and primer. You can check out my website for a list of these products and more.